7. April 2018 Extemp Topics
By on October 31, 2018
NFHS EXTEMPORANEOUS SPEAKING TOPICS
- Will President Trump’s decision to impose tariffs on steel trigger a trade war?
- Should Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner be removed from their White House positions?
- Will recent decisions by the Trump administration drive business leaders to support Democrats?
- Can Democrats replicate Conor Lamb’s victory in other Republican-leaning Congressional districts?
- Has the federal government made the right decision in blocking Broadcom’s takeover of Qualcomm?
- Is the #MeToo movement changing Hollywood for the better?
- Should the Veterans Administration move toward privatizing its services?
- Does Facebook have adequate control over its data?
- Is Nancy Pelosi’s leadership a political liability for Congressional Democrats?
- Will President Trump’s proposed death penalty for drug traffickers have an impact on the opioid epidemic?
- Was Andrew McCabe’s firing at the brink of retirement justified or an act of retaliation?
- Can arming teachers provide safety for America’s students?
- Will Steve Mnuchin’s excessive travel spending result in his resignation?
- If confirmed, how will Mike Pompeo change the State Department?
- How will the many personnel changes in the Trump administration change the President’s approach to governing?
- What can government do to improve the availability of healthy food for poor Americans?
- How will President Trump’s regular criticisms of the intelligence community impact its ability to recruit new talent?
- Who, if anyone, might challenge Donald Trump in the 2020 GOP presidential primary?
- How will the Stormy Daniels scandal impact the investigation of the Special Counsel?
- How can new aides to President Trump preserve their jobs?
- What steps could the NRA take to rehabilitate its public image?
- What steps can government take to better protect the public against people whose mental illnesses risk violence?
- After several scandals, what can United Airlines do to restore the faith of its customers?
- What must the United States do to increase the security of America’s power plants?
- Will the court-ordered changes in Pennsylvania’s congressional districts result in similar decisions in other states?
- Is North Korea actually willing to give up its nuclear weapons in negotiations?
- Will a corruption scandal bring down the government of Malaysia?
- Can Chile’s new president restore business confidence in the country’s economy?
- With long-term job security ensured, will Xi Jinping feel comfortable to pursue political reform?
- Is Saudi Arabia trying to displace Iran’s influence among Iraq’s Shiites?
- Can NATO protect member states on Russia’s border?
- Should France expand immigration to obtain more skilled laborers?
- Could authoritarian populist politicians gain control of the British government?
- Will the truce between Kenya’s president and his opposition last?
- Can Ethiopia’s next leader reunite a divided nation?
- Is Russia illegally stockpiling toxic nerve agents?
- Can Nigeria stop future kidnappings of school girls by Boko Haram?
- Will Germany’s new coalition government strengthen or weaken Angela Merkel and her Christian Democrats?
- With Putin’s reelection, what can Russians expect from their president over the next six years?
- How will Italy resolve its hung parliament?
- What can El Salvador’s leading political parties do to bolster the confidence of the nation’s disgruntled voters?
- What can the government of Sri Lanka do to calm violence between Buddhists and Muslims?
- What must Botswana’s next president do to ensure continued economic growth for the country?
- What will be the consequences of increasing public debt among African nations?
- How can Great Britain protect itself against future Russian poisoning acts on its soil?
- What concessions would be required to get the Taliban into peace talks with Afghanistan and its allies?
- Why has the United States failed to protect Syrian Kurds against Turkey?
- What steps can rival Somali factions take to minimize violent conflict among clans?
- What must rival factions do to bring about a restoration of Northern Ireland’s devolved government?
- Should Mexico withdraw from the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)?