Membership / Benefits
The Individual Membership period is one calendar year from the date the properly completed application and appropriate fees are received by the NFHS. One annual dues payment covers all sports.
NOTE: Some states provide automatic membership in the NFHS Officials Association as part of the state’s licensing process. Check with your state high school association to determine if this benefit already exists.
Exclusive Online Educational Content
Access to NFHS centralized officiating educational content (NFHS Central Hub) exclusively for high school officials.
• Searchable NFHS Rules/Case Database
• Other NFHS Publications – PDFs or 3-D Manuals
• Video and Animation of NFHS Rules and Mechanics
• Officials Forum – Secured Discussion Area for Officials Regarding Rules, Mechanics and Other Officiating Topics.
• Feature Articles on Officiating (archived past issues of Officials’ Quarterly and integrated feature and sport-specific articles on the NFHS Central Hub)
• General NFHS Rules and Mechanics Educational Content
First-class national awards and recognition program acknowledging officials at the state, sectional and national levels. Nominations are submitted to the NFHS by the official’s state high school association.
Insurance coverage includes:
• Coverage for all levels of officiating (youth, recreational, adult and collegiate) in sports recognized by the state high school association
• Excess General Liability
• Excess Accident Medical and Dental
• Accidental Death and Dismemberment
Representation on NFHS sport rules committees and standing committees. Nominations are submitted to the NFHS by the official’s state high school association.
List of States Providing Membership with NFHS
NFHS Central Hub on Arbiter Sports