NFHS EXTEMPORANEOUS SPEAKING TOPICS
- Who is the Tea Party’s favorite Republican presidential candidate?
- Can President Obama get his jobs legislation passed?
- Is America entering a double-dip recession?
- Can a third party candidate mount a serious challenge in the 2012 presidential race?
- Should Democrats consider an alternative nominee for President in 2012?
- Will same-sex marriage be a significant issue in 2012 elections?
- Are Americans becoming less supportive of capital punishment?
- Can American businesses afford to create new jobs in the current economy?
- Should the federal government be responsible for the cost of natural disaster relief?
- Has President Obama lost the support of Jewish-Americans?
- Should K-12 schools increase the use of online learning?
- Should Casey Anthony have to reimburse the state for the cost of her trial?
- Is healthcare reform succeeding at meeting its objectives?
More Difficult Topics
- Can Congress’ debt-limiting “Super Committee” succeed in fulfilling its charge?
- Can Rick Perry’s surge in the polls be maintained?
- Which party is most succeeding at courting Hispanic voters?
- What do Republican victories in September special elections signal for Democratic prospects in 2012?
- Will Republican voters backlash over Rick Perry’s executive order requiring teenage girls to take the HPV vaccine?
- Is General Motors making too many concessions to the United Auto Workers?
- Can the federal government tackle its debt problems without reforming Social Security and Medicare?
- Does President Obama have a good record on environmental issues?
- How will new restrictions on teacher’s collective bargaining rights in several states impact the ability of schools to recruit good teachers?
- Will Windows 8 revive the popularity of PCs?
- Is America providing enough security at its overseas embassies?
- Will the new Patent bill help encourage research and development by American businesses?
- Can the National Transitional Council create a democracy in Libya?
- Was it wise for the Palestinian government to seek UN membership?
- Has Pakistan become an unreliable ally?
- Will Egypt continue to abide by the Camp David Accords with Israel?
- Should Serbia be an official candidate for EU membership?
- Is open conflict between China and Taiwan becoming less likely?
- Has South Sudan’s separation from the north been a successful one?
- What should the world community do to combat the famine in the Horn of Africa?
- Should Saudi Arabia block the return to Yemen of President Saleh?
- Is it time for the United States to withdraw from Afghanistan?
- Has Bolivia met its obligations in supporting the international drug war?
- Has Japan recovered from the impact of the 2011 Tsunami?
- Have efforts to negotiate with the Taliban achieved any success?
More Difficult Topics
- Can Hugo Chavez maintain his grip on power in Venezuela while fighting cancer?
- Is Turkey a good model for emerging revolutionary governments in the Arab world?
- What steps should be taken to stabilize the Eurozone?
- Will Malaysia’s Prime Minister, Najib Razak, succeed in implementing his radical reforms to the Malaysian political system?
- What steps should the Indian government take to curtail corruption by government officials?
- Is Cuba making self-employment by its citizens easier?
- Given recent discoveries of oil in the waters surrounding Cuba, is it time for the United States to reconsider its trade embargo on the country?
- Should the United States actively support groups trying to overthrow the Syrian government?
- Is South Africa making a positive or negative contribution to the stability of the rest of Africa?
- What can be done to improve the economic stability of the Palestinian territories?
- Is the far right becoming a dominant force in European politics?
- Should the world fear Russia’s efforts to make territorial claims over resources in the Arctic?