NFHS EXTEMPORANEOUS SPEAKING TOPICS
- Do voters care about the marital problems of political candidates?
- Does the failure of the congressional “Super Committee” signal further danger for America’s credit rating?
- Should the United States increase its investment in unmanned space probes?
- Why does Mitt Romney have such a hard time gaining the respect of Republican voters?
- Have there been too many presidential candidate debates this season?
- Why is America’s auto industry recovering?
- Is it time for the US Postal Service to turn its work over to private companies?
- Are public complaints over the contentious nature of American politics overblown?
- Should Congress pass legislation expanding the conceal-carry rights of gun owners across state borders?
- Can Rick Perry’s presidential candidacy recover?
- Is Donald Trump’s influence on Republican politics good or bad for the party?
- What secrets can Iran learn from the recently intercepted US drone?
- Did Rod Blagojevich receive a fair sentence on his corruption conviction?
More Difficult Topics
- Which Republican presidential candidate is best positioned to unite the various wings of the party?
- How will the scandals at Penn State and Syracuse change college sports?
- Will the treatment of Occupy Movement protesters by police weaken or strengthen the movement?
- Are improved holiday gift sales an indication of a rebounding economy?
- Are fears over the chemical BPA over-exaggerated?
- Would a little inflation be good for the American economy?
- Why are Democrats already running ads against Republican candidates when a nominee hasn’t been selected?
- Will the federal government succeed in its plans to bring broadband Internet to rural America?
- Should federal courts play a more active role in the Congressional redistricting process?
- Is shale gas “fracking” a significant threat to the environment?
- What steps can Congress take to tighten penalties against online pirates?
- Should for-profit colleges and universities lose access to federal student aid?
- Will the Arab League’s isolation strategy help change the character of the Assad regime?
- Can plans for the Eurozone recovery succeed in rescuing the failing currency?
- Is Burma (Myanmar) finally becoming a democracy?
- Will ongoing parliamentary elections ultimately result in a more democratic Egypt?
- Will the people of the Democratic Republic of the Congo accept this month’s controversial election results?
- Is it time the United States severed its relations with Pakistan?
- Does the world community have the capacity to eradicate AIDS?
- Is Turkey’s influence in the world on the rise?
- Is Vladimir Putin’s grip on power in Russia weakening?
- Would it be a mistake for the United States to withdraw from Afghanistan in 2014?
- Is India succeeding at its efforts to curtail Maoist activities within its borders?
- Should South Africa nationalize its mining industry?
- Will the Durban climate change talks accomplish anything significant?
More Difficult Topics
- Is the decision by the United States to station troops in Australia a strategy designed to check the rising power of China?
- How would Iran’s acquisition of a nuclear weapon change the security of the Middle East?
- Is Pakistan’s civilian government in danger of being overthrown by the military?
- What steps can African nations take to accelerate their economic growth?
- Should the United States open diplomatic relations with Burma (Myanmar)?
- Will Yemen’s President Saleh actually give up power?
- Is political dissent a threat to the stability of the Persian Gulf region?
- Can Dilma Rousseff succeed in curtailing Brazil’s system of patronage politics?
- Is the Organization of American States in danger of collapsing?
- Should Canada increase the size of its parliament?
- Can Spain’s new leader capitalize on his mandate for change?
- Will the Euro crisis strengthen the image of Angela Merkel?