5. 2017 February Extemp Topics
By on August 11, 2017
NFHS EXTEMPORANEOUS SPEAKING TOPICS
- Will Congress have a viable replacement for Obamacare in place by the time it is fully repealed?|
- Was President Obama’s decision to commute Chelsea Manning’s jail sentence justifiable?
- Can Donald Trump rightly take credit for keeping Ford and General Motors jobs in the United States?
- Were protesting Democratic members of Congress justified in their decision to boycott the Presidential inauguration?
- Can Americans count on health care reformers to continue protecting consumers with pre-existing conditions?
- Should President Obama’s sanctions against Russia be sustained by the Trump administration?
- Can the press expect to have their access to President Trump constrained?
- Was Congressman John Lewis justified in arguing that Donald Trump’s presidency is not legitimate?
- Should President Obama stay out of debates over public affairs once he leaves office?
- Is President Trump compliant with the spirit of laws aimed at avoiding financial conflicts of interest?
- Do this year’s record high temperatures confirm that human-made climate change is real?
- Are social media outlets obligated to filter-out so-called “fake news”?
- Are accusations of Senator Jeff Sessions’ racism credible?
- What is the most important legacy of President Obama’s administration?
- What is the most significant failure of the Obama presidency?
- Who represents the most controversial of Donald Trump’s cabinet selections?
- What steps must the American intelligence community take to gain the confidence of President Trump?
- What steps can the Trump Administration take to ease anxiety among the NATO allies?
- How will the appointment of Jared Kushner as a Counselor to the President impact the effectiveness of the Trump Administration?
- What steps must President Trump take to reassure people concerned about potential financial conflicts of interest?
- What is Bernie Sanders’ future role in Democratic politics?
- Who is best positioned to lead the process of change in the Democratic Party?
- What can the mainstream media do to undermine the credibility of so-called “fake news” sources?
- What can the United States do to promote lifelong learning among its citizens?
- What steps can the Trump administration take to heal the rift between the United States and Israel?
- Should NATO members be concerned about the warming of relations between Turkey and Russia?
- Does Russia pose a threat to fair elections in Europe?
- Should United States government officials fear blackmail by Russian spies?
- Is Thailand’s proposed new constitution good for the future of democracy there?
- Has Japan done enough to atone for its use of “comfort women” during its 20th Century occupation of Korea?
- Should the government of Sri Lanka place limits on investments by China?
- What can French leftists do to strengthen their position in the polls?
- Will the new war crimes tribunal for Kosovo help bring closure for the former warring factions in that country?
- Should the Trump administration close the prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba?
- Is Britain’s path to Brexit clear?
- Can Evo Morales’ supporters in Bolivia succeed in removing term limits on the presidency?
- Is Iraq’s government gaining the upper hand over ISIS militants there?
- Is Assad’s government in Syria firmly secure against its rebel opponents?
- What will be the economic consequence for South Korea with an indictment of the head of Samsung corporation?
- What can the Mexican government do to resist pressure from the Trump administration?
- What explains the continued popularity of India’s Prime Minister Modi?
- Will increasing the number of high speed trains in China help expand the country’s economic growth?
- What steps can Middle Eastern governments take to encourage entrepreneurial start-ups?
- What will be the political consequences of the death of former Iranian President, Ali Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani?
- What steps can the government of Ivory Coast take to discourage future mutinies by its soldiers?
- What will be the consequences for peace with a collapse of Northern Ireland’s government?
- What can the government of Brazil do to curtail gang activity there?
- What steps can the leadership of the Palestinian Authority take to bring Israel back to the bargaining table?
- Who benefits most politically from Islamic State terrorist acts in Turkey?
- What steps can Spain’s government take to prevent Catalonian secession?