8. 2017 May Extemp Topics
By on September 18, 2017
NFHS EXTEMPORANEOUS SPEAKING TOPICS
- Who controls America’s military strategy – President Trump or the Pentagon?
- Should the federal government hand over more of its land to be controlled by the states?
- Who will prevail in the feud between Steve Bannon and Jared Kushner?
- Are further mergers within the global auto industry good for the US auto makers?
- Are women underpaid in the tech industry?
- Is the apparent boom in America’s economy a false one?
- Should endangered species be moved to protect them from climate change?
- Does the departure of Bill O’Reilly from Fox News undermine President Trump’s ability to get his message to the American public?
- Is Ivanka Trump’s position in the White House a conflict of interest?
- Is Carter Page’s activities in Russia the “smoking gun” Trump opponents have been looking for?
- Should colleges and universities have the right to cancel speeches by controversial figures who have been invited by student groups?
- When Presidents seek to pay for the cost of their inaugurals, should they be limited as to the persons from whom they may draw contributions?
- What must United Airlines do to restore its credibility with the American traveler?
- What will be the consequence to America’s democracy of further restrictions on the Senate’s filibuster rules?
- What distinguishes a hate crime from a terrorist act?
- How will Bill O’Reilly’s departure from Fox News impact the popularity of the network?
- What do recent Democratic performances in Kansas and Georgia special elections say about the prospects for Democrats in midterm elections?
- What is the significance for Utah politics with Jason Chaffetz’s sudden announcement that he will not run for reelection in 2018?
- What criminal activities should warrant expedited deportation of undocumented immigrants?
- How can Congress legitimize its investigation of Russia’s involvement in the Presidential election?
- What impact will the USDA’s new income standards for school lunch programs have on children’s health?
- What do current unemployment statistics tell us about the nature of poverty in the United States?
- What steps can the federal government take to further restrict the growth of opioid abuse?
- What steps can police departments take to protect non-violent protesters from physical harm?
- Why has President Trump changed his tune with respect to alleged Chinese currency manipulation?
- Is Turkey’s President Erdogan becoming a dictator?
- Will President Trump’s missile attack on Syria deter it from future use of chemical weapons?
- Can Honduras return to democracy through its upcoming elections?
- Can Hong Kong’s proposed education reforms defuse political tension in the schools?
- Who holds more sway in Iraq – the United States or Iran?
- Will Iran’s presidential election most likely generate a conservative or moderate winner?
- Who is likely to prevail in France’s Presidential contest?
- Will Britain lose the benefits of European free trade after the completion of Brexit?
- Is it time for Jacob Zuma’s presidency of South Africa to end?
- Does Lenin Moreno have the mandate of Ecuador’s people to maintain his predecessor’s policies?
- Should the people of Paraguay permit their president to run for an additional term?
- Can Egypt bring the insurgency in the Sinai under control?
- Can France and Germany thwart Russian interference in upcoming elections?
- What can China do to improve the educational prospects of its rural citizens?
- What steps must Australia take to conquer its widening drug epidemic?
- What steps can Egypt take to protect the interests of its Coptic minority?
- How can the world community act against Chechnya’s recent repressive activities aimed at its LGBT population?
- How can Mediterranean nationals best address the migrant crisis in their shared sea?
- How should moderate European countries address the rising tide of right wing extremism in the continent?
- What can the world community do to better dispose of its nuclear waste?
- What steps must Myanmar take to free its rural farmers from poverty?
- What steps must the world community take to end the use of chemical and biological weapons?
- What steps must China take to bring its unpredictable North Korean neighbor under control?
- How will the United Arab Emirates’ acquisition of ports abroad impact its influence on global shipping?
- What is chiefly to blame for Russia’s problems with terrorism?