From the Lincoln Journal Star:
A vast majority of Nebraska high schools are pushing ahead with their football games on Sept. 29, the same Friday night that Nebraska will be playing at Illinois in a Big Ten game televised by Fox Sports.
At the monthly meeting of the Nebraska School Activities Association Board of Directors on Wednesday, NSAA assistant director in charge of football, Nate Neuhaus, said that 115 of the 133 high school football contests scheduled for that weekend will remain on Friday night. Eighteen games have been moved.
A total of 212 schools responded to a survey sent out by the NSAA earlier this year, and 37 of them indicated they will be changing their game times to accommodate the Huskers’ 7 p.m. kickoff at Illinois that night.
Another 61 schools stated in the survey that they had other activities scheduled for that Friday night and that they won’t be moving them.
“We intend to survey after September 29 to see what kinds of difficulties these schools had with their events,” NSAA executive director Jim Tenopir said, referring to potential problems such as finding enough event workers, decreased attendance and lining up officials.