How to Submit a Record?

How To Submit A Record Application And Honor Roll Forms

Individuals interested in submitting a record performance on behalf of an individual or school are encouraged to do so. In order for a performance to be listed in the National High School Sports Record Book, it must go through an application and verification process.


1. Download the appropriate application form. For most performances, the All-Sports Record Application is appropriate. For state championships listings, coaching win-loss records or a school's win-loss total, a State Championship and Win-loss Record Application is available below. Potential national records in swimming should use the Swimming National Record Form and track and field national record performances require the Track and Field National Record Form, both are found below.


2. Simply complete the appropriate form, and forward it to the member state athletic/activity association in your particular state, along with documentation of the performance. For example, if a record performance was recorded in Indiana, complete the form and forward it to the Indiana High School Athletic Association. To obtain state association addresses, click here.


3. Once the state association receives the application, it will review the application and documentation. If the submission is accepted, it will be signed by the state association and then forwarded to the NFHS. (Note: do not send the form directly to the NFHS, as the application will not be accepted without approval of the member state athletic/activity association.)


For more information, contact Chris Boone (

All-Sports Electronic Application

This application can be filled and submitted electronically via e-mail to your state association for verification or it can be printed and filled by hand and submitted via mail to your state association for approval.