1. 2016 NFHS October Extemp Topics
By on December 16, 2016
NFHS EXTEMPORANEOUS SPEAKING TOPICS
- Who has a more workable plan for the economy: Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton?
- Is Hillary Clinton’s election as President becoming inevitable?
- Should the United States lessen the number of military bases it maintains overseas?
- Does Warren Buffet know the key to restoring the American economy?
- Will allegations of connections to Russian powerbrokers further erode support for Donald Trump’s candidacy?
- Are United States courts doing enough to protect the voting rights of African American voters?
- Will Yahoo!’s business thrive in the wake of its acquisition by Verizon?
- Is Hillary Clinton’s choice of Tim Kaine as a running mate increasing her appeal to centrist Republicans?
- Is the United States government doing enough to battle the spread of the Zika virus?
- Should protected wilderness areas be opened to traffic by bicyclists?
- Has the federal government done sufficient work to help with the aftermath of flooding in Louisiana?
- Should presidential candidates be required to release their tax returns to the public?
- Can the federal government make its case against controversial Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio stick?
- What can the U.S. government do to promote healthier eating on the part of Americans?
- How should the United States government respond to alleged incidents of hacking by Russia?
- How is Donald Trump’s candidacy changing the Republican Party?
- What changes can America’s police forces take to improve their relationships with minority citizens?
- How has the Black Lives Matter movement changed American politics?
- What can Hillary Clinton’s campaign do to put an end to the public debate over her emails?
- How important an issue is the future of the Supreme Court in the presidential race?
- How big of an impact will Donald Trump’s candidacy have on Republican candidates for other offices in November?
- What can third party presidential candidates do to increase their chances of success in the upcoming election?
- What steps should the Clinton campaign take to assure the public that donations to the Clinton Foundation haven’t bought undue influence?
- How will changes in the management of Donald Trump’s campaign impact the campaign’s message?
- What steps must be taken to improve the effectiveness of state healthcare exchanges under Obamacare?
- Are the extreme crime control measures of Rodrigo Duterte jeopardizing democracy in the Philippines?
- Is the African National Congress in danger of being removed from power in South Africa?
- Can Justin Trudeau succeed in his efforts to change the composition of the Canadian Senate and Supreme Court?
- Has support for human rights weakened under China’s current government?
- Is Iraq’s Yazidi population being mistreated by the Kurdish regional government?
- Should the European Union place restrictions on the free movement of people across the borders of member states?
- Will Russia and Ukraine come into armed conflict over Crimea?
- Is Egypt on the verge of another popular uprising?
- Has hosting the Olympics helped or hurt the reputation of the Brazilian government in the eyes of its people?
- Can the United States and Russia find common cause to help bring peace to Syria?
- Can NATO rely on Turkey as an ally?
- Should the United States extradite Fetullah Gulen to Turkey?
- Will the installation of the THAAD missile defense system protect or endanger South Korea?
- What can the new government in Argentina do to bring increased stability to the Argentine economy?
- How will the new Thai constitution impact the restoration of democracy in that country?
- What steps can the government of India take to help diffuse tensions in Kashmir?
- What actions can the government of Afghanistan take to improve the education of women in that country?
- As Asian nations battle for influence in Africa, which will emerge as the most influential power?
- What steps are necessary to bring the divided militias of Libya together to form a stable government?
- What steps must Britain’s Labour Party take to restore its influence among the British electorate?
- What accounts for the recent economic success of Vietnam?
- What steps can be taken to ease the process of international adoption?
- What must the Venezuelan government do to tackle serious food shortages in Venezuela?
- How should the British government handle negotiations on its exit from the EU?
- What can Taiwanese president, Tsai Ing-wen do to improve relations with Mainland China?