1. October 2018 Extemp Topics
By on October 01, 2019
NFHS EXTEMPORANEOUS SPEAKING TOPICS
- Has the United States Senate handled the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh correctly?
- Will Democrats recapture control of the U.S. Congress?
- Was the federal government’s response to Hurricane Florence adequate?
- Should Elon Musk step-down from his leadership of Tesla?
- Should Congress act to block the creation of President Trump’s proposed “Space Force,” as the 6th branch of the military?
- Is the United States adequately prepared to answer the threat of cyberwarfare from abroad?
- Should Brock Long be replaced as FEMA administrator?
- Do President Trump’s tweets help or hurt him politically?
- Did the anonymous Trump administration official, who authored the infamous letter to the New York Times, commit an act of “treason” as asserted by the President?
- Can the Trump administration succeed in negotiating a successor agreement to NAFTA?
- Is FEMA unprepared to handle contemporary natural disasters?
- Should Michael Bloomberg pursue the presidency in 2020?
- How will the outcome of the Brett Kavanaugh nomination and confirmation process impact the midterm elections?
- What does the United States military need to do to better confront a rising Chinese military?
- How are President Trump’s tariffs impacting the United States economy?
- Has the Trump administration adequately responded to court demands to reunite immigrant families separated at the border?
- When can Americans expect a conclusion to the Robert Mueller investigation?
- What has been the impact of Bob Woodward’s book “Fear” on the Trump administration?
- How will the Trump administration’s decision to drastically cut its cap on refugees impact America’s image in the world?
- What steps can the United States take to de-escalate its trade conflict with China?
- What will be the impact of the Texas State Board of Education to remove certain figures – such as Hillary Clinton – from the state’s history curriculum?
- How will the Trump administration’s decrease in attention to initiatives fighting climate change impact the global efforts to address the issue?
- How are the actions of the Justice Department impacting free speech on America’s college campuses?
- What must the United States do to save American factory jobs?
- What accounts for the success of Beto O’Rourke in the Texas Senate polls?
- Will Syria’s accidental downing of a Russian plane prove to be a setback to Syria’s support of the Assad regime?
- Who is doing more to improve the prospects for peace on the Korean peninsula: The United States or South Korea?
- Should Myanmar be referred to the International Criminal Court for war crimes against its Rohingya population?
- Has Poland’s anti-democratic drift breached its obligations under the European Union Treaty?
- Is democracy in danger in Guatemala?
- Is Russia working to undermine sanctions against North Korea?
- Is the security threat from Iran in the Persian Gulf increasing?
- Is Iraq more or less safe today than it was when ISIS was expelled from the country?
- Will the declining economy loosen Daniel Ortega’s grip on power in Nicaragua?
- Will India’s decision to decriminalize same sex relations change the lives of Indian LGBT individuals?
- Can Thailand make a successful transition back to a freely-elected democratic government?
- Can land swaps between Serbia and Kosovo resolve the ongoing disputes over Kosovar independence?
- How will increased Russian cooperation with Turkey impact the NATO alliance?
- What can Colombia do to stop the growth of new insurgent groups?
- How will China’s modernization of its Navy impact China’s global influence?
- What can the international community do to respond to China’s oppression of its Uighur minority?
- What will be the impact of the creation of a demilitarized zone by Turkey and Russia in Syria?
- What steps can Taiwan take to improve its relationship with mainland China?
- How will a new free trade agreement with the United States impact the Mexican economy?
- What can Venezuela’s president do to revive his nation’s economy?
- How will Malaysia’s resistance to China’s Belt and Road initiative impact the behavior of other countries in the region?
- What must Australia’s Prime Minister do to lessen divisions within his political party?
- What can Afghanistan’s neighbors do to bring about an end to the civil war in Afghanistan?
- How will the Palestinian Authority be impacted by the lessening of support from the United States?
- How will the economic slump in South Africa impact their president’s plans for economic reform?