2. November 2017 Extemp Topics
By on January 22, 2018
NFHS EXTEMPORANEOUS SPEAKING TOPICS
- Should Rex Tillerson resign as Secretary of State?
- Is Steve Bannon more powerful outside of the White House than he was inside the White House?
- Should the Federal Communications Commission threaten the licenses of TV stations who report stories disputed by the federal government?
- In the wake of recent hurricanes, has Puerto Rico received less attention from the U.S. government than Texas and Florida?
- Can Kevin de Leon succeed in defeating Diane Feinstein in the California Senate Democratic primary?
- Is Rand Paul warming to Donald Trump?
- Are questions about President Trump’s mental competence warranted?
- Is the American economy still in good health?
- Is “taking a knee” during the national anthem an effective form of social protest?
- Should President Obama speak-out about his successor’s efforts to dismantle his legacy?
- Can the United States protect the electoral system from hacking by the next national election?
- Will the states garner the necessary support to call a Constitutional Convention?
- Will the Supreme Court rule against extreme gerrymandering?
- What steps must Republican congressional leaders take to move their priorities forward?
- How will disclosures about Harvey Weinstein change Hollywood?
- What steps can California’s government take to better prepare for the annual threat of wildfires?
- A year after President Trump’s election, who currently represents the GOP establishment?
- How will the Las Vegas shooting change the debate over gun control?
- What would happen to U.S. politics if Puerto Rico became a state?
- How will President Trump’s anti-Obamacare Executive Orders change the healthcare industry?
- How will the proposed Republican tax plan change the United States economy?
- What steps must be taken to close the gender gap in pay in America?
- What issues can gun control and gun rights advocates come to agreement upon?
- What can the White House communications staff do to improve its relationship with the press?
- What are the prime factors driving America’s opioid crisis?
- Has Iran complied with the nuclear development deal it made with the United States and other world powers?
- Is President Xi Jinping succeeding in reshaping the Chinese government in his image?Are Western powers doing enough to support the fledgling government of Somalia?
- With its decision to allow women to drive, is Saudi Arabia making concrete steps toward expanded women’s rights?
- Can China and the United States unite to address the threat of North Korea?
- Will Uganda’s president succeed in his effort to eliminate age limits on the Ugandan presidency?
- Can Kurdish independence from Iraq be stopped?
- Should ultra-orthodox Jews be required to serve in the Israeli army?
- Can the Spanish government keep Catalonia part of Spain?
- Does the United States have a coherent foreign policy toward Venezuela?
- Is the United States exaggerating the threat to Americans visiting Cuba?
- Is religion playing a disproportionate role in today’s Indonesian politics?
- Is it time for Taiwan to declare formal independence from China?
- What steps must the United States take to cool the conflict with North Korea?
- Which of Europe’s national leaders has the strongest claim to leadership of the larger European community?
- What do the results of Japanese elections say about the people’s view of the nation’s leadership?
- What steps must the Cuban government take to revive its economy?
- How is China’s justice system doing more to bring the common person justice?
- What can be done to bring unity back to the African National Congress?
- How has Italy avoided being a victim of Islamist terror attacks?
- What is to blame for the rising murder rate in Rio De Janeiro?
- What must the Japanese government do to address the stresses caused by an increasingly aging population?
- What can the government of Ethiopia do to counter ethnic tensions there?
- What steps must the Palestinian Authority take to make sure cooperation between Hamas and Fatah continues?
- What steps must the world community take to change the status quo in Eastern Ukraine?