3. December 2017 Extemp Topics
By on March 19, 2018
NFHS EXTEMPORANEOUS SPEAKING TOPICS
- Should America’s large tech firms face greater regulatory scrutiny by the federal government?
- Are Congressional investigations helping or hurting special council Robert Muller’s independent inquiry into Russian meddling in the 2016 elections?
- Should an independent counsel investigation into the Uranium One deal be launched?
- Has social media transformed American politics for good or for bad?
- Should federal regulators block CVS from buying Aetna Health?
- Will Paul Manafort serve jail time for the crimes with which he has been charged?
- Do plea bargains help or hurt the American justice system?
- Can the military men surrounding President Trump prevent rash decisions impacting national security?
- Should Congress expel members accused of sexual harassment or leave their fate to the decision of voters?
- Will the recent leak of oil from the Keystone Pipeline prompt the federal government to reconsider the Keystone XL expansion?
- Will recent scandals change the culture of Hollywood?
- Should media companies be allowed to own more than one TV station in a local media market?
- Will Republicans succeed in using a tax reform bill to roll-back Obamacare?
- How will the growing list of Congressional retirements impact the political alignment of Congress after 2018?
- How can the federal government best combat the opioid addiction epidemic?
- What compromises will the Republican congressional leadership need to make in order to pass tax reform?
- How would the proposed Republican tax reform bill impact middle income families?
- What is the most important insight to be gained from Democratic victories in Virginia?
- What more must the federal government do to aid Puerto Rico’s hurricane recovery?
- What accounts for the sudden increase in accusations of sexual harassment and assault leveled against public figures in the United States?
- What restrictions on gun rights might be able to pass Congress?
- What limitations should exist on the President’s ability to unilaterally deploy nuclear weapons?
- In light of accusations made by Donna Brazille, what changes should the Democratic National Committee make to restore confidence in its fairness?
- Amid speculation about a Republican primary challenge to President Trump in 2020, who represents the most viable internal challenger?
- Who would be the best replacement for Richard Cordray as head of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau?
- Is Vladimir Putin a modern day Russian Tsar?
- Should Japan revise its pacifist constitution?
- Will Xi Jinping cling to leadership of China for life?
- Should Nigeria be worried about the rise of Biafran separatists?
- Is the Catalonian secessionist movement dead?
- Will Italy’s northern provinces succeed in getting greater autonomy from the central government?
- Is Xi Jingping’s leadership of China bad for private enterprise in that country?
- Did Saudi Arabia kidnap Lebanon’s Prime Minister and force his resignation?
- Will Columbia’s FARC be successful as a political party?
- Will South Koreans legalize abortion?
- Can Pakistan succeed in improving the people’s access to electricity?
- Will the warming relations between China and South Korea persist?
- What steps must Kenyan political leaders take to restore stability to that country’s democracy?
- How would a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border impact the Mexican economy?
- What steps must Israel’s leftist parties take to regain relevance?
- What must the United Nations do to become relevant in the fight to protect Myanmar’s Rohingya minority?
- What was the effect of President Trump’s Asia tour on regional security alliances?
- What steps can the Chinese government take to prevent the kidnapping of wives from abroad?
- In the wake of the recent military coup in Zimbabwe, what will be the fate of Robert Mugabe?
- As Syria’s civil war approaches its end what will become of the refugees scattered throughout the Middle East?
- What steps must Malaysia’s prime minister take to weather the present embezzlement scandal?
- What conditions should Sudan meet before being removed from the State Department’s list of nations that support terrorism?
- What steps should Bangladesh take to improve conditions for refugees within its borders?
- How can the EU further discourage separatist movements within member nations?
- Who is really in charge of Saudi Arabia’s government?