4. 2017 January Extemp Topics
By on April 04, 2017
NFHS EXTEMPORANEOUS SPEAKING TOPICS
- Can the fight against global warming proceed with decreased United States support?
- Should Donald Trump be forced to sever ties with his businesses after assuming the presidency?
- Is the North Carolina’s legislature’s decision to curtail the powers of the North Carolina Governor constitutional?
- Are there too many military figures in Donald Trump’s proposed cabinet?
- With increased production and lower prices, can America still break its dependence on oil?
- Is the U.S. dollar becoming too strong?
- Is Ben Carson prepared to lead an executive agency in the federal government?
- Is the United States likely to see an increase in charter schools under a Trump administration?
- Should the Democratic Party turn to the center or the left in its quest to regain support from the American public?
- Should the Supreme Court rule execution of prisoners with low IQs unconstitutional?
- Are comparisons of American students to those of foreign nations productive for the purposes of assessing American education?
- Should the President be able to strong-arm businesses into keeping jobs in the United States?
- Will the Trump administration succeed in its plans for the mass deportation of illegal immigrants?
- What is an appropriate response by the United States government against Russia’s hacking efforts in advance of the November elections?
- What goals have motivated Donald Trump’s cabinet nominations?
- How will Jeff Sessions’ leadership change the Justice Department?
- In his quest to shrink the size of government, what executive department is Donald Trump most likely to eliminate?
- What are the greatest challenges facing the new Treasury secretary?
- What steps can the new administration take to curb the rise in hate crimes since the election?
- What steps can the federal government take to curb the rising price of new medications?
- What actions can the United States take to mitigate the threat of foreign cyberattacks?
- What can Donald Trump do to decrease the perception that he has too many conflicts of interest?
- What can social media outlets do to curtail the spread of “fake news”?
- Who among his inner circle has the most influence on the decision making of Donald Trump?
- Who is likely to emerge as the early favorite for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination?
- Will Donald Trump’s choice for Ambassador to Israel undermine efforts to bring about a two-state solution to the Palestinian-Israeli conflict?
- Can deforestation in Indonesia be stopped?
- Can Russia succeed in expanding its influence among Pacific nations?
- Can China’s government succeed in curtailing foreign influence on its people?
- Is the United States doing enough to combat terrorism on the African continent?
- Is the Western-backed plan for stabilizing Libya’s government failing?
- Can Haiti’s new president bring stability to the island nation where his predecessors have failed?
- Will the Thai people come to accept their controversial new King?
- Will Taiwanese gay rights advocates succeed in passing same-sex marriage legislation?
- Would the Syrian people be better off if the rebellion against Assad’s rule ceased?
- Can François Fillon fend-off the far right in his run for the French presidency?
- Has Turkey’s hope for eventual EU membership evaporated?
- Is Germany mistaken to pursue a ban on the burqa?
- Who shares primary responsibility for the tragedy in Aleppo?
- What can Italy’s government do to escape its enormous debt burden?
- How will Britain’s slow approach toward implementing Brexit impact the European Union?
- What steps should Mexico take to counter an antagonistic new American administration?
- What steps can the Japanese government take to raise the status of women in the workplace?
- How will suppression of minority Shia by Persian Gulf states impact the stability of the region?
- How will South Korea’s leadership crisis impact stability on the Korean peninsula?
- What steps can Sudan’s government take to shed its status as an international pariah?
- What steps can neighboring African states take to bring peace to South Sudan?
- What actions must Colombia’s government take to ensure the success of its peace agreement with the FARC?
- What can the Japanese government do to help ensure an end to its territorial dispute with Russia?
- What can Taiwan’s government do to diffuse tensions with China after the Taiwanese president’s call to president-elect Trump?