5. February 2018 Extemp Topics
By on March 19, 2018
NFHS EXTEMPORANEOUS SPEAKING TOPICS
- Should the American public be concerned about President Trump’s health?
- Will recent revelations about President Trump’s behavior change the level of support he has among voters on the “religious right”?
- Is it fair to charge former Navy commanders with negligent homicide for deaths caused by recent ship collisions?
- Is President Trump undermining the work of the State Department?
- Can the President and Congress come to an agreement on DACA?
- Will the #MeToo movement bring about enduring change, or are its effects on society temporary?
- Should government regulate the development of artificial intelligence?
- Will Missouri’s governor be forced to resign?
- Should the recent increase in ice melting in Antarctica worry scientists?
- Is Puerto Rico receiving enough aid in its hurricane recovery efforts?
- Will proposed revisions in the United States nuclear strategy increase the risk of miscalculation in America’s conflicts with other nations?
- Have Betsy DeVos’ policies in the Department of Education helped or hurt America’s historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs)?
- What are the most damaging allegations to emerge from the publication of Fire and Fury?
- How will Steve Bannon’s departure from Breitbart News change the tone of the organization’s reporting?
- What compromises will be needed to achieve comprehensive immigration reform?
- How will President Trump’s alleged derogatory comments about African and Latin American nations impact U.S. foreign relations?
- How will recent decisions by members of Congress not to seek re-election impact the midterm elections?
- How will recent statements by President Trump on issues of race impact minority voter behavior in the midterm elections?
- What steps can California do to prevent a repeat of the devastating mudslides of January?
- What can American colleges and universities do to reverse the downward trend in international student enrollments?
- Under what conditions might Democrats be inclined to accept President Trump’s proposed border wall?
- What will be the consequences of the FCC’s decision to repeal “Net Neutrality”?
- What will be the environmental impacts of expanding offshore oil drilling?
- How will the growth in interest in bitcoin impact the global economy?
- What strategies should government pursue to combat America’s obesity epidemic?
- Is the U.S. pushing conditions that will lead to the creation of an autonomous enclave for Kurds in Syria?
- Will recent economic protests in Tunisia result in government reforms?
- Could the imposition of more constitutional monarchies in Africa help bring stability to the continent?
- Is Uzbekistan moving toward greater democracy?
- Is Kenya a model for expanded African electrification?
- Is Poland’s government taking a rightward turn?
- Does the Paris Climate Accord still have teeth?
- Will Iran’s protest movement result in the departure of the country’s Supreme Leader?
- Will the Yemini government and its coalition partners succeed in defeating the Houthi rebels?
- Can Ahmed Shafiq mount a successful challenge to President Al Sisi in upcoming elections?
- Can Joseph Kabila be counted on to hold democratic elections in the Democratic Republic of the Congo in 2018?
- Will renewed conversations between North and South Korea ease tensions on the Korean Peninsula?
- Is the United States responsible for the breakdown in relations between Israel and the Palestinian Authority?
- How will increasing involvement by a younger generation of Brazilians change Brazil’s politics?
- What must Nepal’s new government do to satisfy the competing interests of its large neighbors: China and India?
- What steps can Japan take to bring about a satisfactory resolution of its territorial dispute with Russia over the Kuril Islands?
- What steps must China take to expand upon its improvements in environmental protection?
- What will be the political consequences for the African National Congress of Jacob Zuma’s continued legal troubles?
- How will Russia’s successes in Syria impact Vladimir Putin’s popularity with his domestic audience?
- What is the significance of the recent elections in Catalonia on the future relationship between Spain and the separatist province?
- What motivated the president of Peru to pardon Alberto Fujimori?
- What can Western nations do to help nurture the opposition in Iran?
- What can Pakistan’s government do to move the country’s economy beyond feudalism?
- What can the Philippines do to reduce its reputation as a hub for child pornography?
- What measures can the United Nations Security Council take to get North Korea to change its position on its nuclear program?