6. 2018 March Extemp Topics
By on June 14, 2018
NFHS EXTEMPORANEOUS SPEAKING TOPICS
- Should the 19-year-old shooter in the Douglas High School shooting be subject to the death penalty, if convicted?
- Should a minimum age be set for the purchase of firearms?
- Should President Obama break tradition and begin criticizing his successor?
- Can Oprah Winfrey make a difference for Democrats campaigning in 2018?
- Can Congress protect Robert Mueller from being fired by President Trump?
- Will the Sentencing Reform and Corrections Act pass Congress?
- Should the federal government waive all student loan debt?
- Will Elon Musk succeed in his plan to deliver Internet service from space?
- Is the U.S. economy in danger of overheating?
- Will Melania Trump’s significant expenses as First Lady become a scandal?
- Is the United States foreign policy establishment becoming more aggressive about the threat posed by Russia?
- Should prisoners have access to Pell Grants for higher education?
- Should President Trump be worried about allegations of an affair with Stormy Daniels?
- What steps are required to achieve a compromise in Congress on gun control legislation?
- What compromises will DACA supporters need to get a bill through Congress?
- What must the White House do to bring closure to the Rob Porter scandal?
- How will recent plea deals in the Mueller investigation impact the outcome?
- How will the launch of the Falcon Heavy change America’s space ambitions?
- In an age of streaming services, what must broadcast television do to seem relevant?
- What can the U.S. public health establishment do to better protect against the influenza threat?
- What can the Trump administration do to improve its White House communication strategy?
- What must President Trump do to secure funding for his infamous border wall?
- What must government do to improve access to mental health care in the United States?
- What can be done to combat the increased practice of “vaping” among teens?
- Who is most responsible for the damage caused by the Tide Pod Challenge?
- Should the United States ban Venezuelan oil?
- Can Cyril Ramaphosa restore confidence in South Africa’s government?
- Are Western nations trying to influence the outcome of Russia’s upcoming elections?
- Should the International Criminal Court bring charges against Rodrigo Duterte?
- Is China exerting too much influence on Sri Lanka?
- Should Benjamin Netanyahu resign?
- Can the U.S. advance a viable peace proposal for the Israelis and Palestinians?
- Can China become a world leader in the development of artificial intelligence?
- Is renewed war across the border between Israel and Gaza an inevitability?
- Are Middle East nations on the verge of a nuclear arms race?
- Will Germany’s new governing coalition have political staying power?
- Can El Salvador handle a major influx of former citizens expelled from the United States?
- Should Japan amend its monarchy’s succession laws?
- How will the resignation of Ethiopia’s Prime Minister change the government of the country?
- What steps can China’s government take to improve conditions for its Uyghur minority?
- What should be done with captured ISIS fighters being held in Syria?
- What can the Saudi-backed coalition do to halt the advance of Yemen’s Houthi rebels?
- What must Palestinian authorities do to improve the desperate situation in Gaza?
- What must the Philippines do to weaken its Islamist insurgency?
- How has the Winter Olympics changed the politics on the Korean Peninsula?
- What can the International Olympic Committee do to better protect against future doping scandals?
- What steps can India take to grow the size of its Middle Class?
- What must Japan do to bring balance to its aging population?
- What will be the consequences for Pakistan with the United States freezing of military aid to Pakistan?
- What can Iran’s government do to address grievances expressed in recent public protests?